.

.
5 Simple Rules for Happiness 1. Free your heart from hatred 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less

Welcome to my world


Life is a constant pursuit, this is my journey.

William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality

"...Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,

of glory in the flower; we will grieve not, rather find

strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be;

In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;

... In the faith that looks through death...

Thanks to the human heart by which we live

Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears

To me the meanest flower that blows, can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Running Down a Dream

I have a few favorite quotes that I live by and I think they give insight to who I am. The first quote is "Great Difficulties May Be Overcome by Patience and Perseverance." by Abigail Adams. The Second quote that I live by is “Give me the arrows of enthusiasm as opposed to the wisdom of complacency. It is unknown who said that, but a CNN reporter passed it along to me and I have been affected by it ever since. The third quote is by Maya Angelou "Human beings are more alike than unalike, and what is true anywhere is true everywhere, yet I encourage travel to as many destinations as possible for the sake of education as well as pleasure."

I have always tried to use travel as an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life. I believe you can learn a great deal from being surrounded by diversity. I first decided to travel and live different places on my own because of this very reason. Travel is part of who I am. I did this for several years before returning home to finish school. It was an invaluable education that changed me as an individual.

Since I have gone back to school in the last few years I have undergone a significant transformation. Just like the first quote I listed, I believe in never giving up. With patience and perseverance, all things can be accomplished. Even when I feel like giving in or taking the easy way, I remind myself that the best things in life are fought hard for. It is my firm belief that if you have enthusiasm for life you can expand your horizons and avoid becoming complacent. You’ll be able to reinvent yourself over and over again. When I have a day like today where I feel insecure, or somehow unworthy, or not good enough, unsure of my decisions, or maybe I don’t belong, I remind myself that everything in my life has led me to this point and that I am exactly where I need to be so I can do what I was meant to do.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar conversation with a friend who told me that the "Reset" button was what helped him make it through life. I need to travel more. I still live in the very same zip code in which I was born. I travel of course but this is home to me.

    Hope all is well for you. Great quotes.

    Cheers buddy,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)