.

.
5 Simple Rules for Happiness 1. Free your heart from hatred 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less

Welcome to my world


Life is a constant pursuit, this is my journey.

William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality

"...Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,

of glory in the flower; we will grieve not, rather find

strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be;

In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;

... In the faith that looks through death...

Thanks to the human heart by which we live

Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears

To me the meanest flower that blows, can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."


Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Tumblr Blog

Dionysus in Flux image2
Dionysus Beauty @ Tumblr

I've become a bit obsessed with art lately thanks to Pinterest and Tumblr. Sites like these make finding art accessible and easy, it's all at your fingertips. I started a Tumblr blog to collect all of my favorite pieces in one place. I have a Pinterest board as well with a smaller set of favorites. What I love about these two sites is that I have been introduced to so many different kinds of artists I might have never found otherwise. I have always loved art, it expresses what I cannot say in words and it makes me think, and oh how I love to ponder.

The title "Dionysus in Flux" came about because Dionysus is my pseudonym, it’s where my name originally comes from. Dionysus was most commonly known as the Greek God of wine and agriculture, the God of the grape harvest. He was also called the liberator, and represented freeing oneself, often through wine and artistic expression.

Dionysus Beauty is a name I came up with when I was writing a beauty blog. It means to be a natural beauty and to liberate yourself from society’s standards. Anyone who is inspiring, empowered, educated, and strong. Those who embrace their beauty.

Dionysus in Flux represents the elements mentioned above. Sometimes an explosion of emotion, color, or introspective at other times and solemn. This is what the inside of my mind and heart looks like on any given day, depending on my mood. Images that represent different aspects of me. It’s an evolution of self as I transform and transition from one stage of life to the next. My blog is a visual representation of my reaction to life and observations. 

I appreciate art, and beauty in all it’s many varied forms, and anything clever or eloquent. I am a lover of words and images that evoke emotion, they speak to me. 

State of flux - a state of uncertainty about what should be done (usually following some important event) preceding the establishment of a new direction of action.

Flux: continuous change, passage, movement, or flow.

Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.

"All is flux, nothing stays still." -Heraclitus of Ephesus


10.17.12 Update:
New template! I've polished my blog up a bit and added a lot of great new posts. I've been posting mostly art, photography, inspirational and literary quotes, posts centered around causes, and random bits of funny. Come have a look!:)


1 comment:

  1. I hope College is treating you well. I have missed your posts. Did you have a good summer?

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)