.

.
5 Simple Rules for Happiness 1. Free your heart from hatred 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less

Welcome to my world


Life is a constant pursuit, this is my journey.

William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality

"...Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,

of glory in the flower; we will grieve not, rather find

strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be;

In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;

... In the faith that looks through death...

Thanks to the human heart by which we live

Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears

To me the meanest flower that blows, can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."


Sunday, November 1, 2015

To New Beginnings...

After a very long hiatus, I've returned to my beloved blog. The past two years have brought joy and newfound happiness to me. I completed my bachelor's degree in mass communications in addition to completing minors in business and my favorite, creative writing.

I closed a very important chapter in my life at the end of this summer. I left my wonderful marketing assistant job at VCU, where I have worked for the last two years. Working and going to school kept me so busy there was room for little else. But I learned invaluable skills that will carry me through to this next chapter I am beginning now.

Tomorrow I start my first full-time gig post graduation. It is more than just a job to me, it's a symbol. I left Denver, Co six years ago to pursue a degree doing something I would love. It's not just that I am passionate about it, or that I believe it will be a fulfilling career, it's more than that. I believe I can use my talents to somehow be of service. I want God to use me, use me however he sees fit. Ultimately, my goal is to actualize my potential, and in doing so, complete my life path.

That may sound a bit lofty or deep but it's my mentality starting my career. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, but my usual nerves and anxiety are present. So today instead of letting them get the best of me, I decided to put them to work. Rather than be overcome with nervousness, I'd like to feel inspired. Beginnings are always so exciting and full of potential. I created a wall of inspiration on my bathroom mirror with a few favorite quotes in designs I love. This way when I wake up tomorrow morning I will be able to put my mind at ease and keep things in perspective. Here's to new beginnings:)

Check out my Pinterest board for more quotes like the ones below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)