.

.
5 Simple Rules for Happiness 1. Free your heart from hatred 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less

Welcome to my world


Life is a constant pursuit, this is my journey.

William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality

"...Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,

of glory in the flower; we will grieve not, rather find

strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be;

In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;

... In the faith that looks through death...

Thanks to the human heart by which we live

Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears

To me the meanest flower that blows, can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Second Life

My own virtual reality barbie doll. I guess I never grew out of that phase and now that I'm an adult I have found a way to keep playing with barbie dolls. These pictures are of my second life avatars. Yes I have a few. Every avatar has several looks and different personalities. For instance one of my Second Life avatars is Victorya Nikita who is of Russian descent and a spy who likes combat games, looking chic, and meeting playboys who can entertain her. Another avatar of mine is Jewel Bergiere, her parents were born and raised in France and she likes all things consumable and dancing until dawn. My original av who I titled this blog after is Dionysus Palmyra and she is who I truly am. She has no time for silly boys and likes to explore on her own, meet different people and she is adventurous. Is this some acceptable version of schizophrenia? Perhaps, but Second Life operated by Linden Labs allows you to have as many "alts" as you would like under one account.

Second life is a free 3D virtual reality program where users can connect with other users from around the world and create whatever their minds can imagine. Most users are there because of the free voice and text chat features. There are a lot of techno savvy users who enjoy building and creating from scratch instead of only using what Second Life has already created and provided. There are an endless amount of places you can visit, whatever your fancy may be it's in Second Life. It takes all kinds right? Personally it's an outlet for me. I have a limited amount of money in real life, (this is what users call their first life to differentiate between their second life avatars and their real life selves) but the "linden", which is the form of currency used in sl, is 2000 linden for every 8 U.S. dollars. You can imagine how happy that makes a girl who loves to shop. Actually, I dislike shopping in the real world because of the traffic, parking garages, and lack of privacy. I never have enough money or the exact figure to get everything I want but in Second Life my avatar can buy until her heart's content and it will fit perfectly. What a world!

Some days on second life I get into activities like sky diving and jet skiing, maybe I'll play golf or go to a dance club. The music on sl is amazing. The dj's are from around the world, as well as the performers. They stream their music live during concerts and you can dance the night away listening to them. You might wonder why don't I just do all of these things in real life? Well I do, when I have the money and time. I'm a student at the moment, so this is just a hobby I picked up shortly after I got my first laptop, and it became addictive. I'm also really into digital photography on sl, one of the main reasons I log in. I took all of the above pictures as profile pics for one of my av's. Second life is a bit of a creative outlet for me but also good for chatting with people all over the world. I've made connections with people from India, New Zealand, Whales, Egypt, and plenty of connections with people from inside the U.S. It's fun for the most part, the chat areas can be interesting, although sometimes there are "trolls" but you find those anywhere on the Internet, bored little pranksters who get their kicks out of being obnoxious, bothersome people. I don't log on as much anymore the initial thrill has worn off, but I still have my second life avatars to log onto whenever I feel the urge:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)