.

.
5 Simple Rules for Happiness 1. Free your heart from hatred 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less

Welcome to my world


Life is a constant pursuit, this is my journey.

William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality

"...Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,

of glory in the flower; we will grieve not, rather find

strength in what remains behind;

In the primal sympathy which having been must ever be;

In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;

... In the faith that looks through death...

Thanks to the human heart by which we live

Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears

To me the meanest flower that blows, can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."


Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Lost Love




This sculpture means a lot to me. The picture was taken by an ex-boyfriend and I believe it is in Denmark or Sweden. I'm not sure which, if anyone knows please comment. It symbolizes our relationship and constant frustration to communicate and understand one another. Art is interpretive and I see in this sculpture, the woman trying to explain something to the man, or maybe she is giving him hard news, and he, his head in his hands, not understanding or dismayed by what she is saying.

When I reflect on that relationship I remember what I learned, what I enjoyed, and what I regret. I wrote several poems about it but the one I like most is one I wrote of a dream I had. When I write, I write with a fury to get it all out and when I am finished I read what I wrote to understand it. I look back and feel very differently now but I can appreciate the feelings behind this poem. Love can be bittersweet but it’s memory is still important.

The Dream of A Lost Love

You broke the window to my soul, and stole a piece that left a hole."I just feel like we were cheated, " I say to you, in a dream, where you offer me a warm embrace, knowingly and kind. We were flying and our bodies were moving at the speed of light, the only creation I could see were your eyes staring into mine; in them were forgiveness and peace so I smile and release.  Only a dream could produce you now in the deep recesses of my mind so patience is a virtue I must learn in time. but if only for a night  I saw a glimpse from his eyes to mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy. I know exactly how you feel. I hope all is well with you and your school endeavors.

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobby:) Thanks, bittersweet memories...I'm not gonna lie school is giving me a swift kick in the rear but I am pushing through! Hope all is well with you, love reading your posts, you are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Thanks for the feedback:)